How folks who do absolutely nothing ever to stop any of the abuse I go through every day on tumblr (or even just support me through it with I dunno, nice messages and art gifts or whatever) feel the need to jump all over every damn thing I do to defend myself and call it abuse.
The trend is without exception.
And I mean that to the fullest degree.
I get criticized for just being harsh to my abusers. Even when I’m not telling them to die in a fire or something similar.
And every single person
And I do mean every single one
Who does this shit
Does not, in any way, shape or form, attempt to stop or even talk to/about the abusers who are after me.
- No criticism directed towards them.
- No third person passive aggressive posts about them.
- No criticism of the Pro Injustice movement’s trend of making massive abusers and enabling them.
- No attempts to see if I’m doing okay (hint: I’m not)
- No attempts to counteract the abuse I face
- No asking their followers to send me supportive messages
- No sending me supportive messages themselves
Nothing. Absolutely nothing.
It is like these people literally do not give a single solitary shit about my health. All they care about is the principle of the thing.
Survival? Fuck that. YOU’RE NOT ALLOWED TO WISH DEATH EVER. THAT’S ABUSE. WISHING DEATH IS CLEARLY THREATENING DEATH, DESPITE THE FACT THAT THEY ARE ENTIRELY DIFFERENT.
And of course, no one ever gives me suggestions on how to make the abuse stop in other ways. No one tells me how to protect myself that doesn’t involve wishing death and being harsh.
No one seems to give a shit about all the other steps I’ve taken.
- How I block people regularly and they make new accounts to harass me.
- How I turn off so much of tumblr’s functionality (submissions, anon messages, sometimes even asks themselves) just to dodge the abuse.
- How I regularly try not giving the abusers any attention by just not responding (and we all see how well that works)
No one seems to give a shit about how this kind of crap triggers me (an abuse and rape survivor) and how it makes me suicidal at times.
And these are so called friends too.
People who claim to care about me.
So okay, honest and clear time. I really wanna know. I’ll be super nice. Just please answer me, people who do this shit. And reblog this post far and wide in case I’ve blocked some of them.
Why is it that the abuse I face gets nothing from you, no actions or movements whatsoever. All you’re interested in is how I defend myself.
Please, tell me your reasoning. Tell me what’s going on in your head that makes your actions make sense to you. I really want to know. I really do.
Especially from people who call themselves my friends or who did call themselves my friends at some point.