i am going to be taking a break from tumblr. i’m not sure how long. i have been getting a slew of people (who i can only guess are from “social justice” tumblr) telling me to kill myself, making violent threats, sending me my home address they somehow found. my inbox this morning was graced with pictures of my apartment building.
i honestly have no words.
love you all.
I know I spent much of this morning being incredibly angry about Laci Green. I still am, and I am not taking any of that anger back.
But let’s be real here: this is not okay, and whoever is responsible for bringing real life threats should be more than ashamed of themselves.
Yo peeps. She is still a trans- and islamophobic ignorant white girl, but this is bad. Very bad. If you want to do this to someone, pick someone who actually puts lives in danger like Cathy Brennan. All Laci has done is say words. While those words are particularly damaging and violent to some communities (mine being one of them and I am still angry), she hasn’t done anything to deserve this.
Okay, I am going to be real for a second.
Do you know what the biggest tactic is, for people who hate trans people?
To pretend to be trans*/POC/etc. and write shit to people we’re currently putting on blast. It’s a detracting method. It’s to make the person we’re putting on blast actually believe we are as “violent” and mean as they say we are.
I am probably 90% positive that this is indeed a detractor, and not someone from our own community. The other 10% is thinking it may be one of two people in the trans* community who say this stuff but given the email it doesn’t write like either of them.
Hence the 90% certainty.
This is not cool. Not at all.
I have some pretty big issues with Laci’s cis/het/white centric worldview, but this goes way too far.
Fight it out on Tumblr or Twitter with words.
Threats of violence serve no one.
That being said, I feel there is a much better than even chance that someone outside the trans* community (or even the ‘social justice’ [whateverthefuck that means] community for that matter) who is hostile towards trans* folk took this as an opportunity to attempt to stir up trouble.
Agree that it is likely not a trans* person since trans* people know how poorly that sort of thing goes for us.